Available Sizes: 10", 12", 14", 16", 18", 20", 24", 30", 36", 48", and 60"
48” and 60” can be fabricated upon request, consult mdi.
To simplify maintenance the Model 2596 features a unitized modular assembly. The motor, gear reducer, and the internal operating mechanism are housed within the strainer cover and lift off as a unit. This makes all components easily accessible and reduces associated maintenance costs.
With an automatic control system monitoring the strainer operation, cleaning is accomplished by an integral backwash system. A small portion of the screen element is isolated and cleaned by reverse flow. The remaining screen area continues to strain – providing uninterrupted flow. With this efficient design, only a small amount of the liquid being strained is used to carry away the debris from the strainer. Continuous flow is assured and protection is provided for nozzles, pumps, valves, heat exchangers, and process equipment.
• Fabricated strainers are designed within the limits of the customer’s specifications and design criteria along with any applicable code requirement, i.e. ASME Section VIII Div. 1.
Model 2596 Automatic Control Systems
Eaton Automatic Control Systems (ACS) are specifically designed to monitor and operate the
backwash cleaning system of Eaton Models 2596 Automatic Strainers.
Click Here to View the Available Automatic Control Systems
• Various grades of stainless steel, copper nickel, monel,
and other exotic materials of construction
• ASME Section VIII, Div. 1. code stamp available
• Flanged, screwed, or socket weld backwash connections
• Internal and external epoxy paint or other coatings, upon
request, on all carbon steel components for fresh water
• Custom designs are available upon request